The operators of pydist.com (“Owner” and “we” / “us”) respect your privacy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you interact with our websites and software (collectively, the “Application”); and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please read it carefully.
The following terms have the meanings ascribed:
- “Cookies” means small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
- “Data” means all information provided by any User or obtained by the Application about a User.
- “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
- “Data Subject” means the natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
- “Personal Data” means any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information, including a personal identification number, allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- “Service(s)” means the services provided by this Application as described on our website at pydist.com.
- “Usage Data” means information collected automatically through this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
- “User” means the individual using this Application who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject. Users are also referred to individually throughout these terms as “you”.
Types of Data We Collect & How We Collect It
The types of Personal Data this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, includes Cookies, Usage Data, address, email addresses, names and phone numbers. (Further detail concerning each type of Personal Data collected is provided below in the Section entitled “Detailed Information Concerning the Processing of Data.”) We collect this Personal Data direction from you when you provide it to us or automatically when you use the Application.
Information You Provide to Us
When you register with or use the Application, we may ask you provide:
- Personal Data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline; and
- Data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your company or employer name.
The Data you might provide includes:
- information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application (such as when you register or subscribe, when you post information, or when you request Services);
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and development purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Application and of the fulfillment of your orders, including financial information you may be required to provide before placing an order through the Application;
- search queries within the Application; and
- files you upload to the Application.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of the Application (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you access or use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Data, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application;
- Data about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number;
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your device. You can adjust your cookie settings within your browser. However, if you do so, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Data
We use Data that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The Usage Data we collect helps us to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store Data about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
Methods and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of Processing
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and systems, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In some cases, your Data may be accessible to employees and other service providers involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies). An updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal Basis of Processing
We may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes; provided, that, in certain jurisdictions (other than the European Union) the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
Should you desire that we clarify the specific legal basis that applies to particular processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, please contact us at the email address provided in the Contact Us section below.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. Further details are provided in the Section entitled “Detailed Information Concerning the Processing of Personal Data” below. Users in the European Union may be entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data. To find out more, please submit an inquiry to us using the email provided in the Contact Us section below.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which it has been collected.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed and for a period of up to four years thereafter (or such longer time as is necessary to enforce or protect our interests or as required by law).
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner by contacting the Owner.
- The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The Purposes of Processing
Data is collected to allow us to provide the Services, as well as for the following purposes: hosting and backend infrastructure, handling payments, analytics, interaction with external social networks and platforms, infrastructure monitoring, managing contacts and sending messages and managing support and contact requests. See the section below entitled “Detailed Information Concerning the Processing of Personal Data” for further details.
Detailed Information Concerning the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.):
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”).
- Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Privacy Shield participant.
Payment processing services enable this Application to process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means. To ensure greater security, this Application shares only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction. Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
Stripe (Stripe Inc):
- Stripe is a payment service provided by Stripe Inc.
- Privacy Shield participant.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
This type of service has the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable this Application to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Application. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Amazon Web Services, Inc.):
- Amazon Web Services is a hosting and backend service provided by Amazon.com Inc.
- Privacy Shield participant.
Certain Rights of Users
Users may have certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner in particular jurisdictions, depending on whether Owner is subject to the jurisdictional reach of the applicable laws, such as:
- the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data;
- the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent;
- the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing;
- the right verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- the right to restrict the processing of their Data;
- the right to have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed;
- the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance; and
- the right to bring a claim before a competent data protection authority.
Details About the Right to Object to Processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users may opt-out of the use by Company of Personal Data for marketing purposes at any time by providing notice to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org without providing any justification.
How to Exercise These Rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Disclosure of Your Data
We may disclose aggregated Data about our users, and Data that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Application Terms of Service, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our customers or others.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Application that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email at the address provided in the Contact Us section below.
The Application is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the email in the Contact Us section below.
Additional Information About Data Collection and Processing
Providing & Requesting Additional Information
In addition to the information contained in this policy, this Application may provide the User with additional and contextual information concerning particular Services or the collection and processing of Personal Data upon request.
System Logs & Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (system logs) and use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
“Do Not Track”
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies. Users may follow the instructions provided on the subsequently linked initiatives by the EDAA (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Owner thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
- EDAA: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://optout.aboutads.info/
- DAAC: https://youradchoices.ca/
- DDAI: http://www.ddai.info/optout
Last Modified: April 25, 2019