Terms of Service
Effective: April 23, 2019
By using the pydist.com web site and the index.pydist.com API (Application Programming Interface) (collectively, the “Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account.
We reserve the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, will be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes will constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://pydist.com/terms-of-service.
Nature of Service
The Service provides the ability to store files (“Packages”) and access them on a variety of devices, as well as to access packages stored by the Python Package Index (“PyPI”).
The Service stores Packages on a server and allows users to access them from there a number of ways. You acknowledge and agree that we may establish general practices and policies concerning use of the Services, including, without limitation, the maximum size of one Package or a group of Packages that a user may store and share through the Service, the maximum number of Packages that a user may store and share through the Service, the maximum amount of time that Packages will be kept by the Service, and the maximum amount of data transfer the user may incur using the Service.
Responsibility for Files
Although we strive to the best of our effort to deliver the Service in a complete and secure manner, we provide the Service “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, express or implied. We make no promises or guarantees about the Service. You have sole responsibility for all Packages and information that you store and/or share on our servers through the use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be responsible for any failure of the Service to store or secure Packages, for the deletion of Packages stored on the Service, or for the corruption of or loss of any data, information or content contained in any Packages.
We do not accept any liability for Packages stored by PyPI. We make no promises or guarantees about the continued availability of these packages or the ability to access them through the Service.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human representing yourself or an organization. Accounts registered using automated methods are not permitted and will be terminated.
- You must provide your valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. You are liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to do so.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs and Packages that are stored under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You may create an account without a credit card and use the Service for free for a limited period of time (the “Free Trial” period), determined at our sole discretion and subject to change without notice. Continued use of the Service after the Free Trial period has ended requires a valid credit card and payment.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over Packages. Your profile and any Packages stored remain yours. However, by sharing your Account through the Service with other Users, you agree to allow others to view, edit, and/or share your Packages.
- We do not pre-screen Content, but we have the right (but not the obligation) to refuse or remove any Packages that are stored in the Service at our sole discretion.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over Packages stored by PyPI.
- We do not pre-screen Packages stored by PyPI, but we have the right (but not the obligation) to cease making any Packages available through the Service at our sole discretion.
- You use the Service at your own risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You understand that we use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without our prior written permission.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Packages, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth or storage usage significantly exceeds the average usage (as determined at our sole discretion) of other customers of the Service, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account until you can reduce your consumption.
- We do not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, or error-free, or (iii) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- Any failure on our part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Service, any prior versions of the Terms of Service.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid credit card is required for accounts after the Free Trial period has ended.
- Any change made to your plan during the Free Trial period will end the Free Trial period and immediately bill you.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, including only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- Changes to plan level will be processed, and take effect right away. The credit card you have provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle. The difference in the service fee between the two plans will be prorated for the remainder of the current billing cycle, and added or subtracted on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. We do not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. You may cancel your account by visiting https://pydist.com/change-plan.
- All of your Packages will be deleted from the Service one month after cancellation. This information can not be recovered once it has been deleted.
- We reserve the right to suspend your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, pending investigation, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service may result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Packages in your Account. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.